Wednesday, August 16, 2017

George Orwell's self-fulfilling prophecy

Today I visited a few stores for prescriptions and my daily meals.  At almost every store there was an armed security guard.  Hell, I went to church on Sunday and there was an armed security guard.  I think some how we have become a Police state without any one saying anything about it.  Everywhere we go we are be recorded on video.  Everything is set up to watch you and anything that you do.  When I taught in a urban school in Alaska we had an armed Police officer. I think is more unsettling at least to me that there is someone there with a gun, that only has one purpose.  I don't like it, I don't like it at all next thing you know they are going to start checking our ID's (papers).  It just makes feel that we in some way are giving over our rights to the new American Gestapo.  Whether we like it or not we are becoming a fascist society.  we need to stop it before it gets to far out of reach or maybe it already has?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thank God that we have the for sight to stop it I think.  It seems that a few bad apples have made a mass hysteria for the rest of us and we are giving up our rights as citizens.

Or maybe I am just over blowing it  but I leave you with this:
                
Rise Against- the violence

I do love you all but I hate guns, we shouldn't have them in places to make us feel safe, at least I my self feel that just makes me feel uneasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment